Monday, November 14, 2011

Leaving the bubble, lots of good news,and a new addiction.

Well ladies & gents, this is my 200th post (!!)and I think this may be a good one, hopefully, my brain has kind of felt like it's been on the near verge of pouring out of my ears for the past two weeks.

This week begins the countdown until semester break and you can tell from everyone's appearances and general lack of upkeep that they are beyond ready for the semester to be over and for a recharge and massive onslaught of some home cooked meals. Plus Thanksgiving is coming up so there's no doubt that when we come back we are all going to be fat, happy and semi catatonic,  and just in time for finals too!

The hardest part of leaving school for me will be losing my routine for a week and having to try to do homework and trying to visit old friends while I'm in town and probably playing driver for my little brothers if my mom is busy, woop de freakin do. I think I applied to college get away from all of that but I think that the week my go by fast enough that it won't be such a big deal. Not as big as a deal as say Winter break, that may drive my up a wall. I love my family, don't get me wrong but family should only be dealt with in small doses from time to time. I don't want to leave my bubble, I like it here and I was just starting to get settled.

Sorry I've been MIA lately there's been a LOT of stuff going on lately, I moved out of my room and into a new one, started to get the ball rolling on classes for next semester, and heavily procrastinating on some school work but I always manage to get that done in time. Note to self: break that habit, it's bad for you! I have had some pretty awesome moments here and there lately; I tried an espresso filled drink the other day and LOVED it, though like alcohol there should be something in one's stomach before consuming a medium caramel machiato before class. Shit gets real. I was kind of invited by one of my professor's to join yearbook next semester, while at the same time the editor from the newspaper tried to recruit me. Suffice to say, tomorrow when I register for classes I'm picking yearbook. Next semester I was offered a spot on a panel for a book review for The Emperor of All Maladies, and I'm pretty excited about that.  The icing to that cake is that I've declared my majors, yes that's plural, because I'm a badass or a masochist, you choose.  I'm majoring in Covergent Media and PR and I'm pretty freaking ecstatic  about that too because one of the coolest  and most beloved professors in the English department is teaching a good percent of my classes. Hell to the yeah.

A little bit of intelligence from a comment from posts past regarding college life, "A small list of things I've learned in college...outside the classroom. 1.) I truly hate people who are always in a hurry. The ones that do absolutely everything twice as fast as necessary and even talk so fast that you can't believe they just said something, let alone comprehend it. So then you're sitting there, 3 seconds or so, trying to piece the jabber together, and they do the sigh. The "seriously, didn't you hear me?" sigh. I know this from working in food service, where all people care about is getting their damn food. 2.) Bikes are no longer lame; they're quite essential, and if you don't have a bicycle (like me) then you are slightly jealous of those who do. However-one person tandem bikes are ridiculous. 3.) Some people act so stupidly that you seriously question whether or not they really should be in college. For example: I'm serving cake. There is a nice little sign that tells people that it is "Winston White Cake." Upon reading this sign, studying it, they ask me, "What does that mean?" and "what is that?" IT IS FUCKING WHITE CAKE. I had three different people ask me this. 4.) Professors are not scary and mean (well, usually). In fact: you might see them at some big public function, and they say "Hello!" and then proceed to introduce you to other professors. 5.) Quarters are no longer just pop money; they are the tickets to cleanliness. 6.) When you have to sprint and dodge sprinklers to get to where you're going, it's like you're in a video game!! And last of all, and probably the most important: the old cliché that everything happens for a reason. My reason: the most unhappy thing might happen to you, only to make you the happiest person in the world."

So yeah, there's that. How have you lovely people been?? I've missed you all, even if my web presence as of late says different.

Oh yeah, my dear friend in one of my classes has turned me onto something. In my usual fashion I missed the trend bus, but now I have a Pinterest,  so ya know, feel free to add me

Okay, time to stop procrastinating, and start hashing out a rough draft that's due on Thursday!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me an assorted thought of your own. :)