Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hey its Cate, and Nicole offered me a guest spot!! YAY

Hello, My name is Cate and im a 20 year old single mother, and today I'm going to write about something that has been weighing on my heart for a very long time. Please bear with me as I can not spell and I ramble all the time! Okay So here I go!!!


Teenage mothers, This topic seems to get everyone riled up for some reason or another, and it gets me fired up. I became pregnant at 18 years old and had a beautiful baby boy named Brycin Lain Rivera on June 22nd 2009, at the age of 19. Most people my age tend to party and not grow up even if there is a child involved, and that breaks my heart. If you are not ready or even open to the possibility of having children, then DON'T HAVE SEX. And if for some reason you do wind up with child, then do the responsible thing, and give the child up for adoption if you chose not to be a responsible mother. It is in my firm belief that people my age are having babies just to have them and then neglect them. I used to have a friend on facebook that made me cry every time I saw her status about how she would party the night away. I wonderd where her beautiful baby boy would be while she was out getting wasted. This is not okay, when you chose to bring a baby into this world you chose to grow up, not contuine what you would normally do as a teenager. I could go on and on about how messed up that is but I also have something else to discuss on this topic, Finish school ladies, dont be another number in a long row of failures, make something of yourself, dont become a person dependent on government aid. Now Im not trash talking the women who need the help, but take the school aid offerd by the government, and make something of your self. It makes me sick to see 16 year old girls with babies and NO highschool education. Now I graduated Highschool and have one year of college compleate and I wouldnt be able to do any of this with out my support system. It is almost impossible to get ahead if you dont have some kind of help. I understand this. But dont settle, go out and do SOMETHING anything be a mother that your children can be proud of.

And since I've talked about how young mothers should conduct themselves let me tell you about the teenaged fathers
BOYS- If you make a baby, you take care of that child. You do not reooeat history, if your father bailed on you why would you inflict that pain on another child, and why would you disrespect your mother, you would clearly understand the struggles that she went through being a single mother why put another woman through that? It drives me crazy. And If your father was an amazing father and played ball with you when he could and provided a stable envoirment then then why wouldnt you do the same for your child. Any jerk can make a baby but it takes a man to be a father.


So teenagers, and even adults, if youre going to make a baby CARE for that child. It makes me sick to see all of you neglecting your children and one day youre going to regret it when they want nothing to do with you.


**Im not a writer and I cant spell I am very sorry for all the spelling errors and rambles lol**



Thanks for Reading Ladies and Gents. Much love to you all.


Be safe and healthy and I wish nothing but the best for you all!!


<3 Cate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me an assorted thought of your own. :)