Friday, April 9, 2010

Heaven


This week I have rediscovered the library and all of it's otherwise undiscovered treasure before. Earlier in the week I took my brother there after he got done with preschool and we both picked out a few books, he choose a hefty load of holiday books and a manga book that he can't even understand but he's 5 and wanted to be like his big sister, as for me I randomly grabbed two books off of the shelves. I started the only one that captured my attention that day and finished it yesterday night. I happen to love the kind of books that you just want to ingest for hours on end and stay up into the wee hours of the morning til it's done.

Today we hit the library again and this time I came out with a massive amount of literature in tow, and yet I still feel like I need more. It seems like all that I have been doing today and yesterday has been reading and I will be the first one to tell you that that would be a perfect life for me,a highly non realistic one but one I wouldn't mind having nonetheless.

Earlier today in need of a serious break from my family and more time to myself and with nature I decided to take my dog for a walk to a now very important place in my heart. I made my way down the broken slices of sidewalk to the neighborhood behind mines walking trail/lake area to a spot in the grass that looked perfect for my intended purpose. I took a seat in the lush green grass with the sun hovering me and kissing me with just enough sunlight to keep me happy and escaped into Secret Scribbled Notebooks-one of the books on the mountain I currently plan on conquering this weekend. It was so beautiful, the lake reflecting the sun like a mirror for the gods, the grass shooting to the sky like hands reaching for something better. I was in heaven, my newer heaven...the still current but hardly visited one is any bookstore on this planet! I've tried to apply to bookstores and libraries but for some reason they just won't hire me. It's a little disheartening but there's a reason for everything. Ok off to escape some more.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me an assorted thought of your own. :)