Thursday, April 8, 2010

I wish I was a Gilmore Girl

Ever since my mom has started working and I still have yet to be employed my mom has taken FULL and complete advantage of me and any sort of a life I dream of having. Ok, yes I do have it good because I live here rent free and she pays my cell phone bill for me but I really, really, REALLY need to get out of this house and start building a life of my own. Last I was told my place in her life is 'daughter' NOT crutch/maid/nanny. I understand that yes while I have no job that this is helpful for her since she is employed but I have been trying like hell to get out and apply but 1.) I am not taking my brother with me to an interview or to fill out a job application, I'll look like a mother that can't control her unruly kid. 2.) Everytime I ask to use her car while she's home and not using it, she "doesn't hear me" or I can use her car as long as it is to get my brothers from somewhere or to run her errands. Suffice to say I really wish that I had a job (preferably in Iowa with my aunt), a better working insured car, and my own place far away from here. If only a place like Stars Hollow existed....

I was watching Gilmore Girls today and there is something about that show that I have always loved. I don't know if it's the fabulous writing, the amazingly dynamic relationships that the characters share or the fact that I wish I had the kind of amazing relationship and life that Lorelai and Rory share with my mom. Sadly as much of a fan as I am of the show I only own season 7 of the series and there is only 7 of them! I need the rest of them as well as all of the seasons of Sex and the City, and Glee and soo many other shows among the hundreds of books that I wish I had. I'm not really a materialistic person but I adore books and movies and music and cover art and the general capturing of a moment in time that is there to stay forever.

Ok folks I think that that is all for now, it's late and I have had a long day/week/month/year even! I can't wait to get out of here.

Goodnight/morning loves.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me an assorted thought of your own. :)