Monday, June 13, 2011

A moment of time encapsulated..



"Norah: It reminds me of this part of Judaism that I really like. It's called Tikkun olam. It says that, um, the world's been broken into pieces and it's everybody's job to find them and put them back together again.
Nick: Well, maybe we're the pieces. Maybe we're not supposed to find the pieces. Maybe we are the pieces."
-Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist



The faint smell of campfire smoke slips in before you like a stranger in the night  as you pass through the threshold, and just like that I'm drawn into your orbit like Earth to the Moon. 
Nervous laughter passes through me as you gently caress me as though I'm clay in your hands and you're just the sculptor. The touch of your lips against mine sends ripples of delight up and down my spine. 
The sound of your voice as you recite a French poem to me in the faintly moonlit room fills every atom of my being as you expertly twist and turn  through every syllable of every stanza. 
I wish I could have saved that night that fell into morning in a bubble and visit it whenever needed. Til' next time the memories we shared that night will  have to suffice. 

Now there is just silence from your end of the line, the mixed signals have been slightly translated but still a mess to decipher. I've said my peace and told you my feelings, now I wait in hopes of them being returned. I won't wait around for long though because I never was one to wait and hold out hope. So please just say the words, not just for me but for you as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Boys have a hard time being men and not being afraid. I had to learn the hard way that it was their deficiency, not mine. You know what you want and it's great to be open to it, but like you said, you can't wait around forever! Good Luck, and enjoy the memory. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me an assorted thought of your own. :)